View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013, 06:04 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

[QUOTE=johnt;961684]Do birds play a part in Parkinson's?

A number of posts have been made to this forum suggesting that birds may play a part in the etiology of Parkinson's. I thought it would be useful for us to have references to them in one place.... Quoting Johnt

Jean-T,
Thank you for the time you spend conducting research to unravel the mystery that afflicts us. Especially noted that you went through our own files here, locating and bringing forward previous threads on the same topic; and added in the internet addresses of new evidence, and then put it all together is such a clear and orderly fashion.
That's a model citizen scientist at work.
If I had a theory to present to the world Parkie Org-Fest in October, I would want you to present it. Everybody would say, "Who was that masked man?"
Especially stunning that while the research world is struggling valiantly to come up with a new flavour agonist and another study on the substantia-nigra's impact obsessive - compulsiveness,
You upset the dopa-cart by saying, "Well you know it might involve something else, such as flocks of birds."
There is dead silence in the room. I say, Sir, did you say "birds"?
- It is a stark reminder that it is not impossible to suggest that very large numbers of symptom checkers have been barking up the wrong tree.
Bob Dawson is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Aunt Bean (03-23-2013), Bogusia (07-31-2013), Conductor71 (03-01-2013), johnt (03-01-2013), RLSmi (03-23-2013)