View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013, 06:12 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Should I wait for MRI until I see Neurosurgeon?

I have an appt. to see a neurosurgeon Tuesday. Someone I have a lot of respect for, saw in 2005, referred by my last great neurologist, who has since moved to Switzerland. :-(

On one hand I think he might want me there with the 2 sets of MRIs - my "before" which was the day before the accident, and my "after" which is due to happen Saturday.

I am wondering though, if he'd rather order his own. The one I am due to have Saturday is without contrast, and I see the one I had in 2005 was both with and without contrast.

I doubt 2 MRIs are going to be covered. I know car insurance, not health insurance is covering, but there is an 8K limit to the claim, I think, then the health insurance company picks up. Even with an attorney helping, it will be months before any settlement, and I am not in a position to pay out of pocket.

Maybe I'll call the neurosurgeon and ask...

Based on what I've read here, I'm not going to mess around with local neurologists who know nothing. I'm asking the Boston neurosurgeon for a referral to a good neurologist in Boston. It's my brain after all - worth the trip.
macdebbie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote