View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013, 08:54 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccertese View Post
imho there would be less talk, more results if more pd'ers would volunteer fior trials, etc. even painless genetic testing/disease monitoring trials.
i've read 30% of trials never occur thru lack of volunteers and 80% are seriously delayed.

as far as finding a disease altering treatment, ceregene's results expected in march/april, they are initiating fetal brain cell transplants in europe, there's a porcine implant trial just started in new zealand, other gene therapy trials in progress/planned, etc.

i suggest checking the mjff blog daily.
Certainly, more individuals should volunteer for trials.
But the Forum is about lots of talk, not less talk, so it matters that we not talk only to each other ("preaching to the choir") but to people outside our circle as well; and that researchers start to hear patients' voices,
I hope the ceregene trials and the N.Z. trials go well, but that should not prevent us from cheering on a team that seems to think they can overcome the brain barrier.
I don't check MJFox every day, but when I do, I often come here to talk about it, and Debi posts here. MJF is a big org., not chatty like here; so I make more talk here, not less.
Bob Dawson is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote