View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013, 09:18 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dawson View Post
Certainly, more individuals should volunteer for trials.
But the Forum is about lots of talk, not less talk, so it matters that we not talk only to each other ("preaching to the choir") but to people outside our circle as well; and that researchers start to hear patients' voices,
I hope the ceregene trials and the N.Z. trials go well, but that should not prevent us from cheering on a team that seems to think they can overcome the brain barrier.
I don't check MJFox every day, but when I do, I often come here to talk about it, and Debi posts here. MJF is a big org., not chatty like here; so I make more talk here, not less.
i have just the opposite opinion as far as encouraging research, science is advancing so rapidly that lay people's efforts are best utilized supporting the MJFF and joining pd advocate organizations, i certainly wouldn't try to advocate my legislatures on one very narrow area of basic research based on something i read on the internet but that's just me. with the advent of the internet, we are bombarded with new research daily, i for one can't tell how much is just self promotion by the research group or just wanting to tell other researchers what they are doing and what is serious research. i wouldn't know what team to cheer on nowadays with all the hype that goes on so personally, i'd rather channel my efforts via an organization with a board of directors that hires experts to pick and choose the winners/losers. now there are obviously cases where a promising technology falls thru the cracks.

i suggested the mjff blog as a way of keeping informed, it isn't a social blog.

but your're absolutely right, this is a place to chat/share for pd'ers and serves an important function.
soccertese is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote