Thread: what dentist
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013, 10:25 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Deb,

Just some fyi in case you didn't already know ... I am in the dental field for 30+ years so I have helped cared for thousands of patients.

There risks with every dental procedure. However, when it comes to oral infection it needs to be tended to sooner than later because the systemic consequences can be life changing.

The patient is in control of their decisions regarding their dental treatment. If you state you do not want to retain an infected tooth because you are concerned about the systemic consequences, they cannot argue with you about removing it. ALL dentists know the facts about the shortcomings of root canal therapy. ALL dentists know once a tooth is infected it remains that way. ALL dentists have been taught that oral infection whether it be from an infected tooth or periodontal disease has systemic risks. Many of them just routinely take the risk and perform the root canal without giving too much thought because they feel that is what the patient wants and the dentist knows sooner or later this tooth will be removed and replaced by.... something.

Let us know how it goes today....
Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweethearting View Post
Thank you for your wisdom Bryanna, I will let you know how it goes tommorow but you just know when you say extraction they look at you as if your crazy. When I,ve read posts on here there seems to be alot of problems with extractions do you ever hear of the sucess stories reguarding extracted RTs and peoples general health becoming much better?
Many thanks Deb
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote