View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013, 10:35 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by catra121 View Post
I agree with what Debbie said.

I would also say that you are very early in if it is RSD. The good thing is that if it is RSD and your doctor treats it as such then you have a good chance of successful treatment. The hard part is that at this early stage you might not have as many visible symptoms. I know the longer I have had RSD, the more symptoms and certain things have shown up. You also don't have to have ALL the symptoms to have RSD.

My suggestion would be to try and find a doctor familiar with RSD and get their opinion. It's a clinical diagnosis so it needs to be observed over time to really be sure. Unfortunately there are also usually a bunch of things to rule out as well...which often lengthens the process of diagnosis and treatment. If you can get to a doctor familiar with RSD that will be your best bet because they will know what they are looking for and how to treat it. And I guess "familiar" is not the right word...you want someone who has TREATED a number of people with RSD. But if you see a doctor who claims to have "cured" a bunch of people with RSD...that's not a good sign either because it tells me that they don't really have much experience with it as there is no "cure" for RSD...just the possibility of remission which you would have a good chance for if you have RSD and it is caught early enough.

I will say that intense burning pain is something that all of us with RSD are very familiar with. There are also a lot of other medical conditions that could have that as a symptoms. It took over a year for me to begin to see hair and nail changes. Not saying it's that way for everyone but just be careful not to convince yourself you have the symptoms just because you are so desperate for an answer. Try to make a list of your actual symptoms...all of them...and then (if you must) look at the list and see if it fits with RSD. Really...you want to make that list (making it as complete as possible) and also a list of questions and bring that into your doctor.

If one doctor suspects RSD...then that says to me it's something to follow up on for sure. Bring it up with your doctor or find one who specializes in RSD and see what they think. Whatever it is...RSD or something else...you deserve to have your pain taken seriously. I hope you find answers (and relief) soon.

Thank you. My biggest complaint is when I move my arm up or out. It hurts like a spasm or sometimes like something is being stretched or torn. I read where ppl with RSD are in constant pain, but I don't understand if it is from moving thir limbs, etc. can you explain?
Cocoa14 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote