Thread: Uber magnesium?
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013, 11:36 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Yes I have been taking neuromag after reading about it here from imark....initially I noticed improved cognition but you know how these things can be subtle- so sometimes i just go with my intuition and continue to take it even if I can or not discern effect. Neuromag does not help me with constipation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkingforacure View Post
This product claims to be superior in absorption, particularly in the brain:

Neuromag by designs for health

They claim their magnesium, a patented chelated form called Magtein (TM, of course), is magnesium chelated to threonic acid (magnesium L-threonate)...this form, they claim, is superior at crossing the BBB and actually getting into the brain.

Magnesium is critical for over 300 functions in our bodies but what is particularly interesting is that it regulates calcium flow in the cells....this may be, perhaps, why the guys at Northwestern are looking at calcium channel blockers to help in PD, too much calcium getting in to the cells, so let's give 'em drugs that block that. But if one could take magnesium and it would do the same thing plus help the body in all of those other functions....?

It is estimated that over 40% of people are deficient in magnesium. Wheat, when processed, contains only 16% of the magnesium it did when in kernel form...likewise, magnesium has been removed from many water supplies (and they subsitute flouride and think that's good?)...I could go on but you see where this is going.

Anyone ever try this form of magnesium? BTW, it appears that if you get too much magnesium, you'll know by the diarreah, kinda hard to miss that side effect

“The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence.”
~ Nikola Tesla
moondaughter is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote