View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013, 03:56 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hello Llonghair....

I would imagine diet and vitamins improve myasthenia gravis symptoms - if its not Myasthenia Gravis.

I would also imagine it is difficult to predict those specific effects on an already fluctuating disease.

I had M.E many years ago and whey protein worked wonders for that. But a few years later only during a Mestinon trial with Mestinon taken on symptomatic basis was there an effect on the newer more stubborn myasthenic symptoms which were to last quite a number of years. I went through my worst years without any medication and during that time desperately toyed with a number of dietary interventions which unfortunately had no effect whatsoever.

I also had interesting experiences with observing change in the roles of sleep, rest and exercise over the years. And because of the extreme slow progression of mysthenic weakness followed by similarly progressive remission, my opinion is that myasthenia gravis symptoms have a life of their own. Depending on severity, diet and vitamins may play an assisting role - but will do very little to get you out of an exacerbation. I also do think that the overall course of the disease, can only be altered by 3 things: thyectomy (not all), spontaneous remissions, and drugs, if appropriate to your specific MG profile.

What a fantastic story about your own research and your own journey to health. Your research and dedication to finding your way to better health is inspiring. And I agree there MUST be some way out!

Good luck with your continued success in the future

Anacrusis

Last edited by Anacrusis; 03-01-2013 at 04:13 PM.
Anacrusis is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AnnieB3 (03-02-2013), pingpongman (03-01-2013), Quandry (03-02-2013)