View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013, 05:13 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginnie View Post
I guess I like my e-reader, as I can take my library with me if I have to evacuate. My books, well they would be lost in a hurricane. No way would pack those over food and essentials. Hope this good old USA keeps electric going!!!! ginnie
I have a funny story to share. Yesterday I was in the laundromat reading a book on my Kindle Fire. Next to me was this lovely woman (found out later she was 85). I was reading and minding my own business and she's looking at my Kindle. She said "What's that?" I said "it's called a Kindle Fire"

I then said "I'm reading a book". She said 'There's a book in there?" I replied "I have over 100 books on this thing, I even have the bible"

She looked at me incredulously and said "I don't believe it'. I then tapped the BOOKS option and scrolled through all my books. She said "Oh you have the titles of the books?" I said 'No I have the books'. and then I picked one, turned the pages and she was amazed.

I said "Want to be really impressed?" I then tapped the Little Piano app and played the piano.

WELL!!!

Then I showed her the Flashlight app, the app that plays sounds so I can sleep at night. I played the sounds for her. I showed her the alarm clock on it. I showed her the Pandora Radio.

She looked at me and said "What's that called again? I said 'KINDLE FIRE"

She said "How much?" I said "Well now it's about $129.00

She said: AND IT HAS BOOKS, A PIANO, AND IT DOES ALL THAT STUFF?

I said "Ask your son to get you one'. She burst out laughing.

IT WAS A GOOD DAY!!!

I love doing this stuff

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Darlene (03-03-2013)