View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013, 07:30 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Anti-Depressants

Hi Space Cadet,
I have had bad experiences with anti-depressants. They help a lot of people though so I think it is worth a try. Just keep a close watch on your behavior and how you are feeling. These kinds of meds effect me bad because they aggravate the REM sleep behavior disorder I have. I actually ended up in the hospital from Paxil. The only one I have tried that was helpful to me and did not cause a lot of real bad problems was Wellbutrin. Just my experience. Everybody is different. Just wanted to tell you to pay attention. These drugs are way more heavy duty then they present them as. Make sure you don't stop taking them abruptly. If you decide you don't like them you have to taper down off them slowly. That was another huge mistake I made. I kid you not it was like having an acid trip.
Good luck. Hope this helps you. Good to hear from you.
Brain

Had MVA in 2006 resulting in post concussive syndrome manifested by cognitive impairment, chronic pain/ fatigue. Chronic pain of head, neck, back, left leg.
Other problems include REM sleep behavior disorder, nocturnal frontal lobe epilepsy, chronic migraines associated with nausea/vertigo, episodes of passing out, hypoglycemia, liver dysfunction (had accidental overdose of acetaminophen in 2009) had liver and kidney failure, hernia, degenerative disc disease with compression of nerve root, PTSD, and other problems associated with functioning problems from traumatic brain injury (light, sound sensitive, easily overloaded, easily distracted, cannot focus, anxiety problems etc.)
Brain patch is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote