View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013, 11:02 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Interesting! I am so excited that I can come here and get such great input! Thanks!
As for tests, I had a 'Myasthenia Gravis Panel' blood test done and was told it was negative..I am going to ask my rheumy for the details so I really know what was done.
Next week I have an MRI of my brain, and another of my spine. I'm anxious to see what they show, if anything. I've had an echocardio thing done on my heart and it looked great. Had that done because of a weird episode I had where my usual muscle spasms seized up hard around my ribs but led to me having chest pains and difficulty breathing. Flexeril didn't help at all.

And then on April 4th, I've got an EMG muscle test scheduled.
I've had a history of odd breathing problems that crop up every so often, even leading to pulmonary tests & xrays which frustratingly never show anything. My 'bubble wrap sticking' sensation that I have in the bottom of my lungs sometimes drives me nuts! I hate it, yet nobody can ever see it on an X-ray.

I have definitely been diagnosed with Sjogrens and CFS, and bny806, Plaquenil helped my weakness and joints at first too. But nothing has really made a huge enough difference to where I can do any housework or walk up stairs well.
And my muscle spasms have gotten worse..except very recently while on Prednisone.

Benedryl makes me feel so gross, too! My legs and back get the creepy crawlies bad..like restless leg throughout my body. Weird!

bny806, you asked if they did a ck on me. Do you mean a check for Sjogren's, or something else?

And AnnieB3, at first they thought I had Lupus, but ruled it out with tests. They looked at Fibromyalgia, but I don't have pain as much as extreme weakness. I'm pretty okay if I'm still, but any exertion is awful.

Thanks again to you all. Sjogrens only explained things to a certain point. What I'm learning here from you all makes me think my Neurologist is on to something because MG seems to answer a lot of questions.
Thanks again!
crmak is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote