View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013, 11:50 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcellb View Post
everybody around me, all my friends, family say, that I need to get up, and do stuff. even though I feel really rough and beaten up, i feel I'm aching from the inside, and I'm exhausted... should I really go out and meet friends and stuff? will this make it better? should I try and drink alcohol? should I force myself to do things, or is it better to stay at home. will it make it worse? I always feel that mentally it helps to try and live my life normally, but physically I don't have the energy, and everything in my body hurts real bad. I don't want to stay at home all the time, because that will lead to depression, and I'm very impatient. Everybody around me is saying that I should do stuff, but I feel really harsh pain. I know with my mind what I want to do, I just feel really really sick physically for it.
It feels ****** hopeless that nobody really know what kind of condition this is.
Because I never know where it leads. If I go out for like 2 hours, and do stuff in the city, I get really worn out, and feel exhausted to the point where I have to rest. But what if I didn't rest? what if I forced it from that point? would I eventually die? or end up in hospital? what can this condition REALLY do to me? can it do real harm, or its just symptoms? Because I never force myself over THAT point, where I feel, it's better for me to lay down and rest. Should I do that? I mean i don't have any kind of difference in my blood tests, no real illness, what if I just forced myself to do everything normally? would I end up in hospital?

These are the things that are bothering me, and I don't really know the answers to them. If I stay home, and don't do anything I will get ****ing depressed, and angry at myself, but If I go out I get exhausted and my symptoms get worse.

I try to fight my way out of this, but it seems like everything I try fails.
Please help if you experienced anything like this!
Oh I really feel for you. I know exactly what you're going through. I battled the same decisions too. For me, I could not drink alcohol while on lyrica, and even since I've been off the lyrica I have not been able to drink it. It makes me deathly sick, even if it's only a few sips of beer. It will make me feel like I need to go to the hospital. I never had that problem before lyrica. As far as going out and being social.... lyrica withdrawal caused me to have horrible anxiety, which was only amplified by socializing. That on top of the exhaustion, and how sick the withdrawal made me feel, caused me to avoid going out. Sometimes I force myself to go out bc I'm worried depression is going to set in if I only stay in my house. I would only stay out for a short amount of time tho, as long as my body would physically allow. I'm fighting the depression as much as possible but after so long it's trying to set in. The exhaustion is horrible and has been really bad for me this week. I was literally falling asleep at work and felt so sick. At times I just want to cry. No one around me understands, not even my family. They just think I should be over this by now. As far as feeling like you're going to die, or will it kill you... I don't think it will, I think it's just miserable. I found doing things that are really distracting, like for me..swimming in the ocean or bike riding, helped to take my mind off of how badly I was feeling, even if it was for a moment. The first few weeks, and months were the worst and felt never ending. It does get better. Although I'm nowhere near back to normal, I am better than I was in the very beginning. The month of January was great actually, but for some reason February/march has been really rough. It's like I've relapsed. Ohh I'm so ready to feel like myself again!!! I feel like lyrica took part of me that I don't know if I'm going to get back :-(
you could not pay me to ever take that medicine again!!! It is the worst!! In spite of how horrible it has been, I know coming off of it was the right decision. I'm glad I didn't wait any longer.
lyricahelp is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
marcellb (03-02-2013)