View Single Post
Old 03-02-2013, 04:44 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Heart

Well, you have really outdone yourself. This is a fantastic overview of what you've been doing to help yourself. Thanks.

Would you mind a suggestion or two? It's actually better to start the day with more calories than you end up with. Your breakfast is a little on the low end. There are some great quinoa cereals and other alternatives for a high fiber addition to help keep your metabolism going. And many people recommend more small snacks/meals throughout the day, such as 5 - 6. It helps keep blood sugar/insulin on a more steady regimen.

Chlorella is good and helps repair DNA but to get toxins out, Zeolite is actually better. Do not try anything without talking to your primary doctor first.

Cinnamon is just as good as tumeric for inflammation and does not have the blood thinning properties.

Patients with any disease can be low to high "functioning" and I agree that how you take care of your body is key to that. That is my focus as well. When I don't take care of myself as well as I can due to being worn out, I feel even worse. I NEED vegetables every day.

Anacrusis, I have to disagree with this statement.

Quote:
I would imagine diet and vitamins improve myasthenia gravis symptoms - if its not Myasthenia Gravis.
Anything that improves the immune system will have a positive impact on a disease. It's not unlike when you have an allergy to a food you don't know of. It can cause leaky gut and then more immune problems. There can be a "cascade" of worsening when there are triggers making someone's overall health worse. Removing those detrimental ones and adding beneficial ones can improve someone's overall health and, therefore, MG.

A case in point is a B12 deficiency. You need B12 to make choline. You need choline to make acetylcholine. The body is one big biochemical factory and you can't disconnect one aspect of health from another.

Another case in point of diet impacting MG is having too much of a nightshade food at once. Or even too much caffeine. They can either make MG worse or better.

No, so far there is no known way to cure MG by making health changes like more sleep, better diet and some exercise but it DOES help. It can make life with MG better. It gets harder when the immune system, like mine, has been messed up since birth and has more than MG to contend with.

Llonghair, I appreciate the effort you made to put this information out there. Thank you.

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Quandry (03-02-2013), seishin (03-02-2013)