View Single Post
Old 03-02-2013, 09:44 AM

Location: Somewhere in the Finger Lakes Region of Central NY State
10 yr Member

Location: Somewhere in the Finger Lakes Region of Central NY State
10 yr Member

UPDATE:
I have been off the Gabapentin completely for about 2 weeks. I started 25 mg of Nortriptyline about 3 weeks (I did cheat by emptying out part of the 25 mg caps to titrate myself up to the 25mg after 6 days). It really took about 10 days from day one, to feel the first glimmer that the drug was working. I now have some decent relief, but it lasts maybe 2/3rds of a day. He gave me a script for 1 or 2 - 25 mg caps to take at bedtime, as he mentioned they would make me sleepy. They don't make me sleepy, and in fact, I don't sleep the whole nite through. I've been taking them 3 hrs before bedtime & have no trouble watching tv for the next 3 hours. I have had some anxiety issues for many years & think it has increased them somewhat, but not enough to stop treatment.

I'm thinking of doing my meds twice daily. Has anyone found that once daily on the Nortriptyline is enough for all day relief? Maybe I'm just too much in a hurry? I'd like to keep my dosage low, if possible. Anyone with their own experience to share?
groucho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote