View Single Post
Old 03-02-2013, 11:34 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodgrl View Post
My RSD is in my left arm and hand. This journey started 4 years or so ago when my fingers got stuck/cramped into a semi closed position ( like a claw). At that time I also was unable to extend my forearm. I couldn't even force the fingers out. I was dx with median nerve entrapment at the elbow. Eventually with therapy I got movement back and just had pain and numbness. It was corrected with my first surgery.

Pain returned and after that surgery I believe the RSD started. Although no one figured it out until I had yet another surgery.

Today I was reading a magazine and my hand clamped down in a death grip on the magazine. I was able to force my fingers open a little to get it out. Then it kept clamping down and I kept prying it open. I finally got it to stay open and back to my "normal" hand with the fingers curled in slightly which they have been since surgery 2.

Does this happen to anyone else? I seem to remember the doctor originally saying that the muscles kind of freak out because the nerve isn't telling them what to do (that was the original injury).

It is horribly painful and after that episode my pain level has increased a lot.

Is there a way to avoid this from happening?

When you say you couldn't extend your forearm, was it because it was too painful, or you just could not move it? My arm hurts to move it up or out away from my body.
Cocoa14 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote