View Single Post
Old 03-02-2013, 11:45 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyricahelp View Post
Oh I really feel for you. I know exactly what you're going through. I battled the same decisions too. For me, I could not drink alcohol while on lyrica, and even since I've been off the lyrica I have not been able to drink it. It makes me deathly sick, even if it's only a few sips of beer. It will make me feel like I need to go to the hospital. I never had that problem before lyrica. As far as going out and being social.... lyrica withdrawal caused me to have horrible anxiety, which was only amplified by socializing. That on top of the exhaustion, and how sick the withdrawal made me feel, caused me to avoid going out. Sometimes I force myself to go out bc I'm worried depression is going to set in if I only stay in my house. I would only stay out for a short amount of time tho, as long as my body would physically allow. I'm fighting the depression as much as possible but after so long it's trying to set in. The exhaustion is horrible and has been really bad for me this week. I was literally falling asleep at work and felt so sick. At times I just want to cry. No one around me understands, not even my family. They just think I should be over this by now. As far as feeling like you're going to die, or will it kill you... I don't think it will, I think it's just miserable. I found doing things that are really distracting, like for me..swimming in the ocean or bike riding, helped to take my mind off of how badly I was feeling, even if it was for a moment. The first few weeks, and months were the worst and felt never ending. It does get better. Although I'm nowhere near back to normal, I am better than I was in the very beginning. The month of January was great actually, but for some reason February/march has been really rough. It's like I've relapsed. Ohh I'm so ready to feel like myself again!!! I feel like lyrica took part of me that I don't know if I'm going to get back :-(
you could not pay me to ever take that medicine again!!! It is the worst!! In spite of how horrible it has been, I know coming off of it was the right decision. I'm glad I didn't wait any longer.
i have read that the withdrawal in the first phases (as in my situation) is gettin worse and worse, and it gets to the worst point and then there's a plateau. when it's not getting worse but not getting better either, and then slowly it starts getting better.

Was it like that for you?

And also another question:

Yesterday I went out for a 2 and a half hour period of showing around foreign people by car in the city (it's my job), and I felt really harsh throughout, but since then it's been a lot worse. So I got really really exhausted from that activity, and I had bad pain (chest, arms and back, and overall feeling of exhaustion, low energy), and I couldn't sleep well because of the pain, and now today has been pure hell so far. Probably the worst day ever of my withdrawal. The pain is almost unbearable, I drink incredibly lots of water, try to eat a lot, fruits and veggies, but I really feel that I should be going to the hospital.. I don't really know what they could do with it.
Now i took ibuprofen, because I really had no idea, what to do with this unbelievably harsh pain.
Did this ever happened to you, when you over forced yourself, did a lot more, than you felt like you can cope, and then got real exhausted for days because of the extra energy?
Should I be afraid?
I really regret now that I took that job yesterday, because this whole pain wasn't worth the money.
thanks for helping me out with all my questions and agonizing! thanks mate!
marcellb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote