View Single Post
Old 03-02-2013, 12:28 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Abby,

Yes, you should be able to note some differences with a four month trial, although thinking that any of your major diseases will be significantly reduced in 4 mos is probably wishful thinking, IMO. In any case, it will be a healthy experiment, and one you can continue if you are liking what you're seeing. Things like skin (acne or dry skin), breath (less stinky), energy and sleep patterns probably will show the most improvement.

EFA's are important. I have found a couple of good ones that are vegetarian. Do some searches or contact me if you want specific products. I also like hemp and chia seeds. Hemp milk makes WONDERFUL smoothies! You will also need to make sure you're getting adequate amounts of B12 and perhaps iron if you're mestruating, if you are going to eliminate animal products completely. Probiotics are equally, if not more important, than EFA's as well!

You could also consider seeking out farm fresh chicken and duck eggs and raw goat or cow milk for some animal protein. I get free range duck eggs for my dd who is allergic to chicken eggs and she does fine and my dh who cannot tolerate pasteurized milk thrives on raw Jersey milk kefir and milk (and ice cream/frozen kefir and yogurt are so fun to make as a treat!) I even make fresh mozarella, yogurts and other cheeses. I just looked around online for farmers to provide these products. And yes, I use raw milk despite being on immune suppressants. It's my personal choice and a risk that I am willing to take.

This should be interesting for you, in any case. Good luck!

Last edited by 4-eyes; 03-02-2013 at 01:09 PM.
4-eyes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AnnieB3 (03-02-2013), Quandry (03-02-2013), seishin (03-02-2013)