View Single Post
Old 03-02-2013, 12:40 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hey guys,

Sorry I've been off the grid for a while. School started and I'm completely exhausted. Clinical rotations start next week and I am a bit worried. I'm scheduled for multiple 12 hour shifts back to back... Fingers crossed that I don't keel over!

I'll check out the article you posted. My insurance does not cover the infusions, however.

Loretta, did the meds even help? It sounds like they only made things worse... To answer your questions, I don't really experience touch sensitivity. Sometimes I have mild throbbing or aching pain in the sesamoid area when I'm off my feet, but mostly I feel pain while walking (when bending and/or putting pressure on the big toe joint). The biggest issues right now are the sympathetic changes including sweating, redness, warmth, and coldness, etc. When the sympathetic changes flair up, the pain increases and my feet feel horrid. The neuropathy and the burning sensations have mostly gone away since I started moving the joint and/or going to acupuncture twice a week. The pain and the vaso changes are still present though... I'm not sure what to make of it to be honest.

Saw the ortho doc last week and didn't really get anywhere. He recommended physical therapy, etc. He also gave me the option of getting a bone scan, an MRI, and/or a CT scan and I said sure - so we're going to explore that rout. I'm not sure what I'm hoping to find though...

My podiatrist wants to do a posterior tibial nerve block via injection next week, but I'm nervous to allow it. One article I read said never to do an injection on an RSD impacted limb...

BTW the individuals listed as RSD supporters were not helpful.

Amanda, I'll send you an e-mail. THANK YOU!

I hope all is well. Thank you for serving as a source of support!
Catfish is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote