View Single Post
Old 03-02-2013, 01:49 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcellb View Post
i have read that the withdrawal in the first phases (as in my situation) is gettin worse and worse, and it gets to the worst point and then there's a plateau. when it's not getting worse but not getting better either, and then slowly it starts getting better.

Was it like that for you?

And also another question:

Yesterday I went out for a 2 and a half hour period of showing around foreign people by car in the city (it's my job), and I felt really harsh throughout, but since then it's been a lot worse. So I got really really exhausted from that activity, and I had bad pain (chest, arms and back, and overall feeling of exhaustion, low energy), and I couldn't sleep well because of the pain, and now today has been pure hell so far. Probably the worst day ever of my withdrawal. The pain is almost unbearable, I drink incredibly lots of water, try to eat a lot, fruits and veggies, but I really feel that I should be going to the hospital.. I don't really know what they could do with it.
Now i took ibuprofen, because I really had no idea, what to do with this unbelievably harsh pain.
Did this ever happened to you, when you over forced yourself, did a lot more, than you felt like you can cope, and then got real exhausted for days because of the extra energy?
Should I be afraid?
I really regret now that I took that job yesterday, because this whole pain wasn't worth the money.
thanks for helping me out with all my questions and agonizing! thanks mate!
No problem, I'm happy to help out. It actually helps me out too by being able to talk about all this with someone who knows what I've been going through.

I think the withdrawal for me got worse for a few months, then hit a plateau, then had some good days and some bad days. But the past month it seems like it's been more bad days than good. Hopefully I'm in the phase of getting better.
I also had horrible chest pain, almost felt like I was having a panic attack or a heart attack. I went to the doctor for it, but they were unable to do anything. That pain in my chest lasted really badly for a few months, then slowly started to get better. Now I only have it once in a while.
Sometimes if I push myself too hard, it made the exhaustion worst. There were times I couldn't get out of bed for a week or two because I physically was unable. I would try to leave bed and would feel weak and dizzy and lighted headed.
There were a few times I felt so weak and light headed that I almost blacked out. That is really scary because I can't imagine if I had been driving when that happened. I try to rest on days when it's that bad.
I think I mentioned this before, but for me, taking diazepam and oxycodone helped with the anxiety and chest pain associated with the withdrawal. Sometimes doctors will prescribe diazepam (which is just the generic form of Valium) for lyrica withdrawal. So I'd suggest talking to your doctor about taking another medication to ease the symptoms.
lyricahelp is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote