View Single Post
Old 03-02-2013, 01:58 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne4tos View Post
I have not had surgery, but all the symptoms you have remaining are ones that I currently experience. I have been able to alleviate the SCM and most of my jaw issues though. All those symptoms are TOS related. I do not have EDS, joint hypermobility, c-spine or any other surgeries to account for my issues.

I hope your surgeon is correct in that your neuro issues have been solved, but in some unlucky cases, TOS is more comprehensive than the nerves that run down your arm. Most of my back/scap issues I believe are coming from my Long Thoracic Nerve. My other issues seem to stem from my Vagal.

It can take well over 6 months to see signs of improvement if the irritation or compression has been removed from the nerve. Nerves hold a grudge and there is no immediate gratification with this syndrome!

The median, ulnar and radial nerve are not the only culprits. For lack of a more scientific term, there's a lot of junk in your neck and BP area which your surgeon should not shrug off as unrelated.
That is a fact!! Just imagine having 3 surgeries, 10 days apart and the symptoms post op in the neck and BP are worse than early on.....tightness with almost a "paralyzed, numb, a very strange sensation in those areas and up the side of jaw and face." Just don't feel right and have fatigue better part of the time....and it's not related??!!!!

chloecasey
chloecasey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote