View Single Post
Old 03-02-2013, 03:15 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Still wondering????

Wrote the other day that Son had experienced high blood pressure which he never had before. Strange things have happened. For a couple of days bp was higher, but then it went back to normal. However, his heart rate jumped to 136, and stayed between 132-136. He also was having gastric disturbances and felt weak. After ending up in the ER and getting IVs. They got the heart rate down to 90 (really wanted to get it down in the 80s), and he was released after approximately six hours. His heart markers came back normal as well as other tests, but his white cell count was elevated at 1800 and temperature was 100.6 degrees.

The following day his blood pressure took a dive and his diastolic pressure was only 43-45 while his heart rate was 100. After resting the entire day, that night both rate and pressure were normal and temp was 100.1 degrees.

Perhaps he had an infection along with problems getting medication regulated. I don't know. I've read that prednisone can raise the heart rate plus raise the white cell count, and mestinon can lower the rate and blood pressure. Of course, an infection can raise the white cell count and cause a temp. This just raises more ???? He has an appointment with his family doc on Monday to check further.

Have any of you experienced fluctuating blood pressure and an increased heart rate??? Maybe I should be more specific and ask whether you have experienced low blood pressure while your heart rate was raised. If so what was the determined cause?

Thanks in advance for any input.

Interested
Interested is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote