View Single Post
Old 03-02-2013, 06:02 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

It's POSSIBLE...but I don't think so (but I'm not you so I couldn't be sure).

The temperature changes were one of my very first symptoms...but for me my RSD areas get ICE cold to the touch. It was so bizarre to me in the beginning and I mentioned it to every doc and physical therapist I saw and they all ignored it. We're not talking a slight difference...this was like sticking your hand in the snow if you touched my left leg below the knee (original RSD site was my left ankle). It was one of the major clues for the doc who first diagnosed me but it meant nothing to the others.

After my first block the coldness has mostly been gone. It only comes now with very big flares...but it's not limited to just my leg. I will get it in my arms or upper body...just depends on where the flare is and what caused it.

My RSD areas all have a SLIGHT color difference from my non-RSD areas. It almost looks like I have a slight sunburn where my RSD is (even though many of those areas have not seen sun in years...lol). You probably wouldn't notice but you can tell if you compare with a non-RSD area.

The swelling for me varies. I have inflammation all over...but I haven't had some of the same swelling that many others have had. My fingers swell up like little sausages if I touch something cold. I am very small boned and just generally small...so even when my arm swells to almost twice it's size...you probably wouldn't know unless you compare it to my other one. Same for my ankle.

But in your case (and I hope I am right) I think you have heard what the symptoms are and now are seeing RSD signs everywhere. For me...they didn't all come at once and it started out very localized to where my RSD first began. It spread to my upper body but that was years later. Some people experience spread fast...other slow...and some never at all.

Try not to get too worked up until you get in to see a doctor and can ask them some questions. Write down all the questions you have and take that list with you when you go to the doctor along with a list of your symptoms. If they are any good they will be able to give you some answers and will hopefully have some ideas about what is causing your suffering.
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Cocoa14 (03-02-2013)