View Single Post
Old 03-02-2013, 07:48 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

My 36 year old daughter went gluten free and lost a lot of weight. She actually lost too much weight. Now every once in a while she'll have something with gluten so that she's not too thin. I think every body is different and maybe we just need to get to know our own body and how different things react to it.

As long as I can remember I've had trouble with milk. I would chronically have middle ear infections, my mood was all over the place, and my sinuses were all messed up. About a year ago I was having some other issues and thought I might have breast cancer, but when I quit taking a specific vitamin with "bovine" as an ingredient the burning pain in my breast subsided. It turns out that anytime I have any foods or vitamins that are tainted with any growth hormones that I have problems. My daughter thought it would be interesting for me to try Ben and Jerry's ice cream, which is hormone free. She bought me vanilla flavor and I reluctantly tried a spoonful. I got a very slight headache but not the moodiness. I think I have an allergy to milk but I think I'm also sensitive to the growth hormone.

This is how my body reacts and just because I react this way doesn't mean anyone else will react this way. We are all individuals with our own DNA and life experiences. What may benefit one person may not benefit another. I think it's important to investigate our reactions to food and adjust it accordingly. Sharing the same diet for each individual is like trying to fit into a shoe that doesn't fit. We all don't wear the same size. Any specific diet is only going to help a select group and not all of us.

If there was a cure for MG through food I would think that scientist would be studying it. Maybe they are - I don't know, but I haven't heard anything. I do believe that scientists will find a cure sometime in the near future - at least I'm hoping...
Quandry is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote