View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 09:27 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I have experienced an array of fluctuating blood pressure and heart rate issues and have been fully evaluated by a cardiologist and had a 30 day monitor and an echo, etc.

My tilt test was positive and I was diagnosed with POTS. I have BP spikes that would only last for a few minutes, sometimes I would also have low BP that would last for longer. When I had major fluctuations with high BP, I got very weak and would have trouble walking without a walker (even when I had been strong earlier that same day). Then, I would wake up the next morning and strength would be restored again.

The most concerning symptom was my random tachycardia, the doc said. It would go up within seconds to 160 for any little thing, such as lifting my arms, leaning over and standing back up, climbing one flight of stairs or styling my hair (if I kept my arms up, it would stay up the WHOLE time!).

The doc put me on the lowest dose of atenolol (12.5mg). The tabs are 25mg and are not even scored for cutting (my dose is so low) but it is working perfectly for the tachycardia. I have not had any in the last 3 mo. Beta blockers are relatively contraindicated in MG, so you have to be very careful on that note.

I hope you find answers soon!
art chick is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Interested (03-03-2013), rach73 (03-03-2013)