View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 06:34 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default off stalevo, sinemet only?

I am 55 have park since 36. Was on sinemet for years then added Stalevo and this worked for a while. Tried all the other drugs,,,Mirapex, Azilect, etc..
They gave me dyskenesia where all I usually had was dystonia. Ended up getting "stoned" where I could not move and went into hospital. Now am taking 2- 25/100 sinemet , 1- 50/200 sinemet ER every three hours from 6A to 9P. Also 100mg Amantadine twice daily. Stalevo was making me very disoriented.

For as long as I can remember now it always seemed that taking the sinemet made me much worse before I got better. Thought this was food related and dropped 30 lbs from not eating much. It worked better on empty stomach. I am now at another turning point where I am getting a terrible reaction to the pills. Freezing up , sweating, pain in legs and arms. I live alone so this gets very scary. It comes on within minutes after taking pills. Worse when I take amantadine but happens without it.

Last night sat from 9P to 1A in agony before I felt my legs and arms free up some. In order to get to sleep I have to take the same pills again and hope they work without the pain. By 1:30A I was free.

I take the generic sinemet but tried the real thing years ago. Maybe now I have developed an allergy to it??? Any thoughts would be welcomed.
Al
IBAL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote