Thread: heart problems
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 10:27 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclecrash View Post
Hi all

I've tried doing a search on this and I'm not coming up with much but I thought I'd ask you, the experts and see if anyone has any knowledge or personal experiences.....

For the last month or so I've been having chest pains. They've been coming and going but these last few days have been stronger and way more frequent. For the first couple weeks we wrote them off as anxiety induced by my new vestibular rehab but they're getting worse.

On Friday I had them for the whole day. They get worse with stress and exertion (I tried to run on the spot..big mistake! ) They ease up with rest. I was going to go to emerg but feel stupid if its anxiety and frankly I don't want to sit around for 6 hours waiting to be seen by doctor.

Tomorrow I see my family doctor anyhow so I've been trying to hold on till then. My question is... is there any kind of issue with concussions and heart problems? I'm 39, thin, was very physically fit, no family history of heart disease so I just don't fit the profile of heart problems. I do have a very small murmur though (mini murmur ) but was told its nothing.

I know this probably isn't even a heart issue I just wanted to know if there could be a concussion connection or anything I should tell my doctor.

Sorry this is so long! Thanks for any help.

CC
There is a condition called Coronary Artery Spasm, that can give signs of Chest Pain, and signs that you might be feeling as if having a heart attack.

I linked info about Coronary Artery Spasm for you - not to scare you, but as answer to your question.

Ask your PCP about it, and ask for a referral to a Cardiologist for evaluation and possible treatment if they feel it necessary.

Whether your anxiety issues from the PCS are involved is hard to say but Anxiety / Stress is a known cause.

Current: Changes of more insomnia, new reviews with findings of more Depression, tremors, vertigo, tinnitus, loss of focus, fatigue; SSDI - accepted on Depression, Cognitive Deficits; Seizures ruled out, mTBI changes including cognitive slowing/lapses.
Medication update: Topamax 200mg twice daily it seems to minimize daily headaches to a 1-2/10 quality(I still know they are there); and acute headaches erupt without warnings.
Concussion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
cyclecrash (03-03-2013)