View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 11:34 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Could I finally have a diagnosis please?

Its been almost 10 years that I have had severe pain in my left knee. My right knee hurts too but not as bad. I have been to several doctors, ortho surgeons (3 surgeries later and still no relief in sight), pain management, PC, and almost every other one out there that might have helped. I haven't gotten a single answer.

The first pain management dr I went to seemed to think I wanted only drugs and told me flat out he didnt write prescriptions. Thats fine I dont want to have to take meds. Also if I wanted drugs I could easily go to my PC and get them lol. He wanted to do injections, synvisc, epidural (which is a great thing while giving birth), and things like that. I have a fear of needles. If I can get by without a shot I will. No one has been able to tell me WHY my knees hurt so much. Finally 1 doctor told me to go home and look up RSD.

I did and here I am. I went to my PC and talked with him about it. He prescribed a taper of Pred, Norco, and Amatriptyline. I now have an appt for a Rheumatologist that has had success in dealing with CRPS. He also wants me to go back to the pain management that kind of hinted that I was a druggie, and to start aquatherapy to see if it will help. I have been on these meds for almost 2 wks now and I still hurt.

Nothing helps, I use a hinged brace when I'm not in my house, and half the time when I am in the house. I try to be very careful when I'm doing anything. I also have a 19 month old son that this makes really hard taking care of. I have been reading some of the posts on here, and they break my heart thinking that is and could be me. I dont know if whats wrong with me is CRPS, or something else. I just want to try and find some answers. If I had some answers then I could deal a lot better with whats going on. Could some one please just give me some answers.
Allanira is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote