View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 12:17 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default MEDS I'M on

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnt View Post
Lou,

I'm sorry that no one's replied to you about this or your previous post. That doesn't mean that we don't care. It's just that no one who has logged on has any useful advice. I think it would help if you gave a specific diagnosis, were the "mini" strokes the cause of your Parkinson's symptoms, what meds are you on?

John
John, thanks for the answer. I was diagnosed with PD in 2004. According to a neuro in 2004 (after a brain MRI) I had a stroke and 2 TIA's, which I never felt. However, he said that the stroke had nothing to do with the PD. The PD perhaps came about from head trauma.
Presently I am having a hard time with the tongue constantly thrusting (oral buccal dyskinesia?) which impedes my speech, ablity to chew and swallowing. The meds I presently take for the PD is 2 tabs of Carbidopa-Levo 25/100 3X a day. Other meds are for blood thinning, cholesterol, arrhythmias, BP and sleep. A neuro said that there is treatment for the dyskinesia but it would make the PD much worse. Has anyone out there experienced similar conditions and if so, was it reversed? Thanks...
Lou H is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote