View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 08:39 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I use the brace to keep that leg from slipping out from under me. I try to keep from wearing it but it doesnt work at times. I was stationed in Iraq and the sirens started to going off so I ran to my tent to get my gear and my left knee started hurting a bit. Thought I just strained it a bit cause Im not a runner. I went to the Drs there and they said I have hypersensitivity to that knee. I wrapped an ace bandage took a couple Aleve and went about my business. From then till now its hurt like nothing I have ever felt. The best way to describe it is take a big rig truck and tip it on 1 corner of the bumper then place that on your knee and start pressing. Burning tingling slight discoloration of that knee. I push through it as best I can. I am also refusing to go back to any orthopedic sergions because they cant or wont help me. I have decided to give the rheumetologist, pain management, and aquatherapy a try. I just want to know what is wrong with me. I want to know WHY I hurt so much. If I know why then I can deal with it. Im tired of not knowing what is going on with my body. This thing doesnt just effect me. It effects my son and husband. I cant get out and take him to the park or the zoo or anything like that unless I can sit down and put that leg up. Thats not a lot of fun for a young child when mommy cant go play on the slides or swing them, or walk around the zoo like other mommies. I dont want this to control me.
Allanira is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote