View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 08:52 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

We have had so much wet weather...it is hard to prepare the ground to put in more favas this year. Just got a new 25lb bag of sproutable organic favas and am anxious to get more planted. The 11th and 12th of March are good for above ground crops according to the farmers almanac. We are supposed to have a pretty day today (still only around 50 degrees...but the best we will get this week) So, I will be out there bundled up and trying to get a few more row spots cleared from weeds that have come up. Have a large tiller now , but the ground is way too wet to use it. Favas have heat intolerance (like alot of people I know) and want to do their growing while it's cooler. I am still collecting fava flowers and tops out of the greenhouse to tincture...so the greenhouse experiment has gone well. If I can't get more ground area ready today..I will plant favas in flats and transplant them out when the ground is workable. Pray for at least a short dry spell so the ground can be worked...
doing it all by hand with a mattock is exhausting to say the least. Have a great day.
Aunt Bean is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
MeAndPD (03-04-2013)