View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 02:05 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default New turning point

GOT TO A MAJOR POINT IN UNDERSTANDING THE WHOLE LYRICA WITHDRAWAL MECHANISM!

I've seen a very good psychiatrist today, who helped me understand the whole deal, that we are going through during the Lyrica withdrawal.
And the main thing I needed to understand, were of course my symptoms. The symptoms of constant pain, aching, and exhaustion are indeed, the symptoms of DEPRESSION.

So clearly I am diagnosed with depression.
And oddly enough I feel happy about this diagnose.

Because it's not real. It's just the symptoms of it, but not really a deep depression.

Depression involves the feeling of inflammation, and aching, and fatigue, so these withdrawal effects should not be stated separately. Depression doesn't neccesarily mean that you're feeling down, or sad. You can actually have depression without feeling anxious or sad at all. !!!! (it happens to me!!)

So there shouldn't really be anymore said to this whole thread.

ANYTHING THAT HELPS RELIEVE DEPRESSION SYMPTOMS HELP RELIEVE LYRICA WITHDRAWAL.

you got to note though, that it is the brighter side of depression, because it's not caused by any real life events, traumas, or long-term anxiety. instead it's caused by the body's need of the drug "pregabalin". Due to the fact that the body has gotten completely addicted to it, and it can become addicted to it in a very short period of time.

My new doc told me that he would advise some anti-depressants, but I am going to refuse that. I don't want to mess up my brain even more, and Lyrica-withdrawal is a chemical thing, that will end by itself after a while, so I don't need to combat it that much, by risking that I will get addicted to a new substance. (which will cause withdrawal symptoms again and again..)

My best advice now is, to try everything that makes you happier.
Raise the serotonin levels!

The best non-pharmacy substance for this, in my opinion VegEpa. VegEpa is a highly purified omega 3 fish oil, with high levels of EPA, which help raise the serotonin levels of the brain, and help ease withdrawal symptoms. It acts as an SSRI anti-depressant, but it doesn't make you addicted, because it's just basically fish

Being outside in the sun helps a lot, walks help a lot, if you don't have the energy to go out and meet with friends, it helps to call them over, watch a movie together, or go for a walk. Just light tasks, that makes life more enjoyable.

Another really-really important factor is getting a good sleep. I noticed when I have a great sleep, I can reduce my symptoms dramatically. VegEpa helps with that too. You got to take a higher dose though. 3-4 capsules per day. It's a bit expensive, but after you're through with this shi t, you don't have to take it anymore, and it doesn't cause any withdrawal symptoms. it's all natural.

I think this new thing I found out today applies for me in a great deal, but probably would help also for you guys.

Last edited by marcellb; 03-04-2013 at 04:49 PM.
marcellb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Brain patch (03-04-2013), eva5667faliure (03-04-2013)