View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 02:21 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Unhappy Dealing with PCS and college

I've been dealing with PCS for five months now. It forced me to take last semester off and I returned to school this semester feeling somewhat better. I expected my symptoms to return for a while, but we're at midterm now and I'm still dealing with migraines, sleep problems (too much/too little), and so many concentration difficulties. Things have been stressful lately because last week was a bit hellish. My symptoms peaked for a day or two and I'm having family problems...and this caused me to get behind on work. I feel so horrible right now because I've never done this poorly in school.

I've turned to a lady that has been helping me with school and she basically said she can't do much. She's always very busy and has no time to talk. I also turned to my neurologist, who gave me a new treatment plan but said the same thing: she can't do anything. My stress levels are so high right now and I realize that's like suicide for my PCS. I've been trying to take breaks with work and trying to get things done with these impossible migraines, but obviously to no avail. I'm just so angry and frustrated with myself and I don't know what to do.

My neuro said she can't do much for my concentration, esp. in regard to medicine. Is this true? What other tips could you guys offer that involve concentration? other than the obvious things like keeping up with health, studying in quiet places, taking breaks, etc. I feel like I've tried a lot of things.

Also, doing homework is nearly impossible because I get migraines every night. I feel fine during the day, which is when I have classes, so that's good...but it doesn't help much when I need to get work/papers/reading done at night. What do you suggest I do about that?

asd;fjsadlk;jkdlsnagowejoiad so stressed out right now
kimik21 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote