View Single Post
Old 05-07-2007, 07:41 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lu2plus2@cox.net View Post
Hi All,
I'm a new member and had an anterior/posterior spinal fusion at L4-L5 with screws and rods and a spacer and bone growth hormone on Feb. 9th. Also had screws and plates from fusion in 92 at L5-S1 removed. So I am now 8 weeks post surgery.

What were some of you who have had this done doing at week 8. I walk well and the pain is substanially reduced but I did bedrest with walking for 6 wks.
Now I am up alot more but can't really do housework so what you do?

They won't let me start PT until the 3 month mark. I am getting depressed now because I don't do much and was very active before surgery (played tennis 5 days a week and involved in church and Bible Study).

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Arla

All i can say buddy is be patient!...seriously, don't jump the gun and then wreck the healing process, i am into my 3rd month of recovery and still only walk (alot), i use to play soccer and love it so much, but i can't play!!...not until the healing process has taken place, so don't ruin it for yourself, just wait, its worth it, i am pain free right now and WILL play again if i don;t do anything stupid , i'm letting the bone fuse correctly, it takes 6 months so i am told by my surgeon. i hope you have a full recovery , yes you will get fat, i am!!...lol..but i don't care cause i can lose the weight when i start training again....all the best!

Mike
kiwimike is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote