View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 09:38 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Vowel Lady,

I am not certain what the radiographic interpretation means exactly. Density on an x-ray pertains to the "dark" areas of the film, which in many instances means the area is normal. Density in the bone can indicate infection. Healthy sinuses always look dark. Perhaps it means that there is close proximity between the sinus and the roots of your posterior teeth? What did the ENT say about the radiographic findings?

Sinus infections in general can be very difficult to eradicate. Especially if they are chronic. Frequently antibiotics only temporarily suppress the symptoms because the culprit of the infection has not been diagnosed.

Before we go any further with this... what did the ENT say?

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vowel Lady View Post
I've been having sinus infections every four months or so. They usually respond quickly to antibiotics.Not so with the current one.

I had dental problems and the dx of Sjogrens recently.
I was going to the dentist faithfully every six months for years.
When I switched dentists, I discovered I had cracked teeth.
3 and 14 are cracked. I recently had one of them filled. No problems.
But , a good ten days ago I got a sinus infection and its not responding well to antibiotics. I took an X-ray and the impression reads:
"Density in the base of both maxillary sinuses. Probably related to the roots of dentition. Please correlate. Clinically."

I called my dentist. She said to finish the antibiotics, and if I still had discomfort, she would give me more, then send me to an endodontist.
I called an oral surgeon and he said I had to go to an Ent.
I have an apt. With an ENT later today and there is no doubt in my mind he will tell me to go see a dentist.

What to do? I REALLY don't trust this field. I suspect the teeth have to come out, but with my Sjorgrens and history of nerve problems, plus debatably qualified dental professionals....I'm frightened again. What is my next move and why?
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (03-05-2013), Vowel Lady (03-05-2013)