Thread: Vision
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 10:59 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Vision

I have vision issues that I have a difficult time explaining to the docs. I can read the computer screen because I can adjust it to fit my needs. When they give me an eye chart test I am within the normal range. I have some nystagmus but not due to inner ear problems.
I did testing for inner ear problems and it came out negative. But the found concussion/ central nervous system problems. I am bothered by scrolling images. I am bothered by lots of fine print on a page, even worse if it is on a colored paper. Difficultly focusing near to far to near. Difficulty looking side to side. Dizzy. Eye stress.
This is driving me crazy. I am a VISUAL artist and high school art teacher. I run the whole high school art program. Metal smithing, pottery, painting, sculpting, drawing, design....all of the noise, action, vision demands etc are incredibly overwhelming. I also used to make art myself. Which I can't do now. My job is my whole life.
Today I was thinking that if I could work on the vision part of this concussion battle it might help. Or am I fooling myself? Is Mark just going to tell me to get some more rest. Is the vision just part of the big picture and I just need to be patient. I am at five months.
Su seb MN
Su seb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote