View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 01:22 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Two different things?

Hi all,

So grateful to have found this forum. I'm 38, and 4 months ago, one month after I gave birth to my daughter (what a joy she is!), I was out for a walk with my baby and started having severe nerve pain in my 4th toe on my right foot. It hasn't let up since then but is mostly aggravated by walking/jumping/running. Around that time I started feeling some nerve pain in my left big toe and even one day some pain in my fingers. That's disappeared but the 4th right toe is quite vulnerable to weight of any kind. I have also been having what feels like muscle pain in both feet, on the top of the foot, along the arch, up near the toes. Does this sound like two different things?

Here's a little bit of background:
I've had colitis for about twelve years and was diagnosed a few months ago with a yeast infection in my gut, which I've probably had for about 10 years and which is why the colitis has been getting worse over the years. I eat meat three times a day because it is one of the few foods I can tolerate, but because of my compromised digestive system, I have very poor absorption rates.

My doctor tested my b12 in January, and it was 485, very low for someone who eats as much meat as I do. I started taking 5 g of Jarrow's B12 more than a month ago and have seen no improvement.

I'm a huge outdoor enthusiast, so this is putting a tremendous limitation on me and my family's favorite activities. I'm trying to do something about this as quickly as possible so I can get back outdoors in the spring.

I exercise at least a couple of times a week doing circuit training/kettlebells. (I used to exercise 5 day/week, but with my daughter I haven't had that kind of time.) Have never smoked, don't drink at all, am taking 5000 iu vitamin d, 3200 mg fish oil and 30 mg zinc everyday. We eat only pasture-raised meat, so I know I'm getting healthy meat. I also have a very happy family life and wonderful friends, so this doesn't strike me as the result of stress.

I also take 3 mg of budesonide (Entocort) every other day, a low-level steroid to control the colitis. I've started to wonder if that may be contributing to the muscle soreness in my foot.

Any suggestions for me? Thanks so much!
eedmonson is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote