View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 03:17 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Neurothapy or no?

I'll try to make a long story short.
Symtoms starting June 2012: Tingling, strange crawling sensations, burning in feet, sometimes sensitive skin or exxagerated sensitivity, tightness in calves, tightness on the top of my head(it hasn't happened lately), pins and needles in the heels of my feet
Starting February 2013: All of the above, now having muschle spasms, electrical zaps/shocks, aching/sore ankles and feet, sometimes sore pains shooting through my muscles(both arms and legs)
The pins and needles in my heels is usually just when I wake up in the morning but are gone shortly after.

Neurologist says no neurothapy, based on everyting I've read on here I'm not going to go by what she said. I have had an MRI which came back normal, countless blood test which where "normal", but on my next day off I'm going to to get a copy of all these and check all the numbers for myself.

Reasons that could have given me neurothopy, that I can think of would be from alcohol abuse, lyme diseas, or "anxiety" as my neurologist said. I hope she's right as she said that my condition is reversible, but now I'm left to figure the rest out for myself. I'm not going to take the chance on her being wrong and my conditions become drasticly worse and then me be wishing that I would have kept investigating. I guess my questions are have any of you or do you know anyone who has had these symptoms from anxiety and fully recovered from it? Or, do I need to continue to go to different doctors and continue to look for an answer for these symptoms? Does anyone have any other ideas as to what these symptoms sound like?
I will post my blood tests and numbers when I get them within the next few days.
jake8105 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
cynkevtay (04-09-2013)