View Single Post
Old 05-07-2007, 09:21 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Coping...

I still have a difficult time coping with the pain from day to day. I had problems with my second Thoracic Outlet surgey and I developed RSD soon after. Now I am trying to learn how to cope with a whole new pain.
I find that if I try to keep moving which can be very hard to do on some day I don't get as stiff and than I don't have as bad of a deep muscle pain or joint pain as I would if I sat or stayed in bed for hour or days.
I have many other medical conditions so there are some days that I can't do anything more than stay in my house and use heat packs and pain pills. Oh, and my Tens unit.. That and my meds... I can't leave those out..
I also started to see a psychiatrist and she has been such a blessing to me. I am able to talk about my pain and my fears to someone who doesn't judge me such as some of my friends or family. She also told me to try to go outside and sit in the sun for at least one hour a day. I can break that up into sessions of 15 to 20 min. I find that this helps with my depression and therefore it helps me to be able to try and cope with my pain.
I also find that I have many friends here on neurotalk that have great ears and listen to me whine...
I hope that you are able to find better days ahead...
Many Gentle Hugs
Dawn