Thread: Vision
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 04:31 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su seb View Post
I have vision issues that I have a difficult time explaining to the docs. I can read the computer screen because I can adjust it to fit my needs. When they give me an eye chart test I am within the normal range. I have some nystagmus but not due to inner ear problems.
I did testing for inner ear problems and it came out negative. But the found concussion/ central nervous system problems. I am bothered by scrolling images. I am bothered by lots of fine print on a page, even worse if it is on a colored paper. Difficultly focusing near to far to near. Difficulty looking side to side. Dizzy. Eye stress.
This is driving me crazy. I am a VISUAL artist and high school art teacher. I run the whole high school art program. Metal smithing, pottery, painting, sculpting, drawing, design....all of the noise, action, vision demands etc are incredibly overwhelming. I also used to make art myself. Which I can't do now. My job is my whole life.
Today I was thinking that if I could work on the vision part of this concussion battle it might help. Or am I fooling myself? Is Mark just going to tell me to get some more rest. Is the vision just part of the big picture and I just need to be patient. I am at five months.
Su seb MN
Your symptoms sound exactly like mine which I was diagnosed with convergent insufficiency. You need to get a visual asseent exam by a neuro-opthamologist and who can prescribe tinted/prism glasses. This is not cheap($700 for exam and glasses) and there arent many dr. Who do this. Fly if you have to. It is worth.

The glasses are so much better than doing vision therapy. I found relief instant once I got the glasses and in my last test, my convergence was improving significantly. Let me know if you have any questions and best of luck.
todayistomorrow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote