View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 06:03 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
I think 71 at 2 hrs is quite low. A reactive low.
http://hypoglykemie.nl/gtt.htm
Not true hypoglycemia yet, but close. It would be helpful to have
fasting insulin run. When there are reactive lows, that suggests insulin excess. This may precede diabetes by several years, but can imply
impaired glucose utilization. Lows are starving nerves just like highs are.

While doctors look for highs, they ignore lows.
So while you are "normal" for diabetes, your lows, which might be more revealing on a longer test... are indicative of a possible reactive hypo state.
Hi Mrs. D,
I am trying to open the link you gave me months back but I cannot open it now.

You mentioned before that I could be reactive hypo and this may precede diabetes...guess what, I am having trouble with my sugar now. I am still good with fast blood sugar but sugar shoots up after meal (which is normal) but it goes back to normal level very slowly after meal. So, i was trying to go back to the link to see where I stand with my glucose hours after meal.

I monitor my glucose now to see what food and how much of anything make the blood sugar shoots up.

Btw, I still take R-Lipoic (among others the supplements listed in your recommendations). I am hoping that R-Lipoic will help stabilize my sugar.

Mrs.D, could there be some medications or supplements that may have triggered my abnormal sugar. There is no diabetic among my family members. I still eat same food, in fact, healthier food since I was diagnosed with my diseases.

I hope you are getting better each day.

Mary
Idiopathic PN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote