View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 08:39 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default great judge

Quote:
Originally Posted by tombyr View Post
I dont know if it is normal but I can tell you my SSDI experience. I was denied when I first filed and I never went for a medical exam. My lawyer appealed, went for medical exam, and was denied again. Lawyer appealed again, about 1 1/2 years later went before a judge. Judge asked me couple questions,wished me good luck and she said she would evaluate my case and I would be getting a letter in 4-8 weeks. 2 weeks later there was bunch of money deposited in my account from SSDI and next day I received the letter. I was awarded SSDI. It was about a 12 page letter stating how the judge came to her decision and how my injuries, my age, my education and my work history all met Social Security admins criteria. The judge wrote that she totally ignored the reports of the 2 people who denied me earlier. She said they did not have all the facts. She also ignored a doctor who worked for State of New Jersey who said I could return to work. She said out of the 10 doctors reports, 9 have me from 65% to 100% and the 10 report was ludicrous. Think thats the word she used. Anyway, thats my experience with SSDI.
sounds like you hit the jackpot with that judge since so many others enjoy denying disibility claims...
gilbert is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (03-26-2013)