Thread: Just found out!
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 11:40 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused Just found out!

Hi! My name is Magen and I live in VA. I just found out on Friday March 1st that I have a Colloid Cyst in the 3rd ventricle. I am 22 years old. I'm very nervous since I have never had any real health problems prior to this. The way I found out was I had a complex migraine which cause the left side of my body to go numb. I went to the ER and had a bunch of blood work done and a CT. The told me everything looked good and sent me on my way home. I got home about 6:15 am and finally went to sleep only to receive a phone call from the hospital at 8:30 am.

They told me they had reviewed my CT again and said that I had what looked like a calcification at the base of my skull that was blocking my spinal fluid. I thought to myself ok I can deal with that they will just go in and shave off the excess and all will be well. Little did I know that Friday I would be pacing the floor of the NS office waiting for him to review my CT and give me his thoughts for treatment on a Colloid Cyst not a calcification. My whole family is stressing about this and I would like to be able to give them some in site of others that have gone through this. If you guys could please welcome me with open arms and give me some in site it would be greatly appreciated. I am walking around now getting looks like I need to be at home with a helmet on. Also if you could let me know if you experience any numbness of the left limbs. I seem to go numb on my left side quite frequently now.

Thank you!!

Magen
Magen3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote