View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 07:45 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenntaj View Post
--you should be tested for vitamin/mineral levels, given that you have documented digestive system problems; deficiencies in a number of nutrients, from the B-vitamins to electrolytes can produce neural symptoms. I agree that B12 level is low given the amount of meat you eat--it strongly suggests malabsorption.

Have you ever been tested for celiac/gluten sensitivity in the past (before eliminating gluten from your diet)?

And, what other testing have you had that you can specifically report on--any nerve studies, toxicity tests?
I had a whole slew of vitamin/mineral levels tested done in January, and the only thing that came back low was b12 and zinc. I know that I have malabsorption because of how long I've had the colitis and the yeast overgrowth. I was tested for celiac/gluten sensitivity years ago, but it came back negative. But taking it out of my diet twelve years ago made a significant difference in keeping the colitis in check. Haven't had any tests for my nerves or toxicity. Where would I go to do that?

And does anyone know whether the pain I'm feeling is two different things? I mean, does the muscle soreness sound like PN or something else? Thanks!
eedmonson is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote