Thread: heart problems
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 11:37 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

man they're still so bad! They're daily now and so uncomfortable! There's no way this can be anxiety when I'm not anxious about anything and they're so consistent. From what I've read anxiety chest pains are quick and then go away (panic attacks) but these chest pains last for the whole day basically now but at different intensities depending what I'm doing. I had my EKG two days again and echo cardiogram late yesterday. I guess if anything's wrong I just have to wait to hear.

The vestibular therapist was saying that increased anxiety is not at all uncommon with vestibular rehab. She was saying this over the last few weeks when the chest pains were coming once or twice a week for a couple hours. She said she wanted me to talk to my doctor about them though. I will be seeing her today and will ask her opinion again. I'm sure she's going to say she doesn't think it's anxiety anymore and is not due to the treatment. May not let me do much rehab though because they do make it worse.

Everyone says I have none of the risk factors for heart issues so not to worry but I'm always the one in a million that has the bad result. This bad luck needs to turn around so I can win the lottery!

I'll let you know what she says if I haven't headed off to the emergency room! My mother is about to drag me soon if I don't go

CC

Ongoing symptoms include: dizziness, blurred vision, light and noise sensitivities, cognitive problems, uncontrollable emotions/depression/anxiety, headaches (but they're getting better), mental and physical fatigue, difficulty communicating and sleep disturbances.

Currently seeing a fabulous Neuro Psychologist and vestibular physiotherapist and hoping to soon see a neuro ophthalmologist. I am currently doing 20 minute stationary bike rides daily, 20 minutes of meditating, 15 minutes of Lumosity and lots of resting. I have not been able to work or drive since the accident.

The things that have helped me the most since the accident are vestibular therapy, gel eye drops (for blurred vision, sensitivity and dryness), amitriptyline (10mg), and meditating. I am finally starting to see some slight improvements and am hopeful!

My brain WANTS to heal itself... I just have to let it and stop trying to get better!
cyclecrash is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote