View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 12:26 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I had c4 thru c7 --i have full range of motion well--almost example backing up vechile i have to turn by using shoulders --so i bought a jeep with back up camera not that i had to --more i wanted it-- just in case. I will be honest prior to surgery I was in so much pain morphine wouldnt touch it ---my recovery was not bad the pain was tolerable. I honestly have no regrets. I work 10-12 hr days --I do stuff around my house all the time --paint, remodel bathroom did all the tile work . I do get flares up sometimes in shoulder when i do to much but-- not so bad anymore. I wouldnt say 100% pain free --somedays i am-- but i would say 90% this surgery gave me my life back and reduced the pain greatly. I inquired about artifical disc --from what i understand or been told usually only are done on a single fusion and yours would be considered a two level--unless things changed its been since 2010 since my surgery. Don't fear it but always get 2 or 3 consults. Being single and having just built a new home I was afriad of losing everything I worked 25 yrs to attain didint want to go on disablity. I read the horror stories too and was nervous ---but I came to realize there are alot of success stories but most of those people once there better dont post anymore---- there out living there lives. There is no guarntee 100% for any surgery but acdf has pretty high success rates. Feel free to ask if you have more questions --be happy to help in any way I can.

Last edited by mg neck prob; 03-06-2013 at 12:44 PM.
mg neck prob is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
don1956 (03-06-2013), jinga (03-06-2013)