View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 04:28 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi lillyh,

First let me say... your teeth are your teeth. You have the right to decide what to do with them. A dentist is suppose to offer you treatment options and explain these options well enough for you to make an informed decision. Dentists are not suppose to dictate treatment or dismiss a patient who has not been properly informed.

It sounds to me like you have several issues going on like the possibility of periodontal disease and lack of routine dental care. Yes? Many things can contribute to toothaches but when bad bacteria gets stirred up from the removal of one or two teeth, it sets off a chain reaction of more bacteria and inflammation which will cause other areas to hurt. With that said, all root canaled teeth are infected. So the root canaled teeth you spoke about are not healthy and if they aren't one of the main causes of your pain, they will be contributing factors.

In order to proceed with the removal of your teeth, it is best to have a long term plan to replace those teeth rather than just go without teeth here and there. The main reason is because your bite will collapse with the various extractions being done at different times and then a comfortable replacement of the teeth will be difficult.

Have you thought about replacing these teeth at any point?

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillyh View Post
I went to the dentist to have a wisdom tooth removed(Jan) but the dentist told me he wouldn't pull it and talked me into getting it filled for the third time(the surface area is large and the fillings cracked previously) So a week later I was in horrible pain and went to an emergency dentist who said the nerve was exposed and I said "pull it"...no more fillings in a decayed wisdom tooth...About 10 days later I get dry socket and go back to my dentist who packs it and says I have a root tip left in my gum..Soon after that a root canaled crowned tooth in front of the extraction site gets infected and swells up. I go back to my dentist and he said he doesn't want to deal with it so referrs me to an oral surgeon who extracts the root canaled tooth, cuts open my gum and cleans the area out..I feel better until 2 weeks ago when the next tooth in line gets a terrible pain...I go to my dentist who says there is nothing wrong with it but I said I want it out..When he extracts it he showed me it has a hole in it
(and two large silver fillings)...soon after ALL my front teeth on my left side start feeling pressure , tingling, aching) .I go to my dentist and he said it is all in my head...Xrays show nothing...He said he is done being my dentist cause no one can have as many teethaches as I do..Could the extracted root canaled tooth have left behind an infection in my bone? I have another root canaled tooth with a crown I'm having extracted on Thursday..(bottom right).(I had to get a different dentist)..I wanted him to pull the upper root canaled tooth at the same time but the dentist refused to allow the oral surgeon to do it.So my question is can the remaining root canaled tooth be causing all the bottom teeth to hurt ? My dentist thinks I'm imagining the pain and no one wants to listen to me..He said after this root canaled tooth gets pulled he wont pull the other one...I said they are my teeth but he won't listen..Plus with the oral surgeon my insurance is maxed and I have to pay out of pocket...How can i convince him I want the last rootcanaled tooth extracted?
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (03-06-2013)