Thread: Alcohol
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 04:33 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

That was funny brainpatch! I'm picturing that one little brain cell fighting to stay alive lol

I went to my doctor the other day with chest pains and a concussion check in and he said to me.... you don't drink do you... and I said no, nothing at all since the concussion... and he said... good! Don't have even one. No drinking....and I said no worries there because I already feel drunk/hungover and I don't want to add to it!

I want this all to go away and if I'm going to see multiple doctors, take medication, have physiotherapy, see a psychologist, all with the purpose of fighting to get my life back, then the least I can do to help is to eat healthy, take my vitamins and don't drink so my brain has the best shot of repairing itself!

Alcohol is a toxin. It kills brain cells. It is not good for you. If you want to get better give your brain the best chance!

I think its amazing how often this topic comes up and I think its a shame the society thinks alcohol is so important. Don't get me wrong, I've had my share of drinking in the past and thats probably part of why I'm here now... not enough healthy brain cells left!

If you don't feel good when you drink or after then don't drink! I know its harder when you're young but nowhere does it say that young people have to drink alcohol!

Glad to hear you're feeling better!

CC - stepping off her soapbox

Ongoing symptoms include: dizziness, blurred vision, light and noise sensitivities, cognitive problems, uncontrollable emotions/depression/anxiety, headaches (but they're getting better), mental and physical fatigue, difficulty communicating and sleep disturbances.

Currently seeing a fabulous Neuro Psychologist and vestibular physiotherapist and hoping to soon see a neuro ophthalmologist. I am currently doing 20 minute stationary bike rides daily, 20 minutes of meditating, 15 minutes of Lumosity and lots of resting. I have not been able to work or drive since the accident.

The things that have helped me the most since the accident are vestibular therapy, gel eye drops (for blurred vision, sensitivity and dryness), amitriptyline (10mg), and meditating. I am finally starting to see some slight improvements and am hopeful!

My brain WANTS to heal itself... I just have to let it and stop trying to get better!
cyclecrash is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Brain patch (03-06-2013), Mark in Idaho (03-06-2013), Mokey (03-06-2013), shezbut (03-08-2013)