Thread: heart problems
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 05:24 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks MsRrio for the personal story. That's probably what's going on here. Some type of infection or inflammation or something. I hope it doesn't last a few months! I find it odd though that some days it can be almost gone. If it was a muscle or injury it shouldn't go away at all I would think. I'm not going to worry about it though. Sorry to see you're "sad". hope everything's ok.

Berkeley and Mark, I saw the vestibular therapist again today and I mentioned the rib being out, etc. She did some tests and feels it is not spine, ribs, muscles, etc. She was not able to replicate or induce the pain. She also does not feel it is anxiety related or due to therapy (which can cause increased anxiety) so we went ahead with the vestibular exercises. I have been doing vestibular rehab now for about 6 weeks and have had good progress so we do not want to stop them.

The pain did get slightly worse and there were some stabbing pain moments with increased dizziness and when I did 5 minutes slow walking on the treadmill. My pulse was not erratic or racing. So she had no answers but she encouraged me to follow up with my doctor for the test results and if things get worse or don't improve.

The only other thing of interest is that she asked if I've changed my multi-vitamin recently because she also has a heart murmur and she had problems with fainting and heart fluttering when she switched multi-vitamins and the new one had no magnesium. She immediately started taking the old pill again and within two day she felt completely normal again. It's interesting that about a week ago (around the time this all got much worse) I started taking a 250mg magnesium supplement. Just out of curiosity sake I'm going to stop taking it again and see what happens.

That's about it for now.

CC

Ongoing symptoms include: dizziness, blurred vision, light and noise sensitivities, cognitive problems, uncontrollable emotions/depression/anxiety, headaches (but they're getting better), mental and physical fatigue, difficulty communicating and sleep disturbances.

Currently seeing a fabulous Neuro Psychologist and vestibular physiotherapist and hoping to soon see a neuro ophthalmologist. I am currently doing 20 minute stationary bike rides daily, 20 minutes of meditating, 15 minutes of Lumosity and lots of resting. I have not been able to work or drive since the accident.

The things that have helped me the most since the accident are vestibular therapy, gel eye drops (for blurred vision, sensitivity and dryness), amitriptyline (10mg), and meditating. I am finally starting to see some slight improvements and am hopeful!

My brain WANTS to heal itself... I just have to let it and stop trying to get better!
cyclecrash is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Brain patch (03-06-2013)