Thread: Alcohol
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 06:43 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

im in the same boat as you when it comes to drinking i LOVE it. im 27 and would go out every weekend and drink, smoke weed and do cocaine

i got my concussion in Febraury of 2012 from blacking out drinking and hitting my head. when March 2012 came around i felt better and went out and partied so hard which was a huge mistake all my symptoms came back x10 after that night and i literally went all year feeling like **** i just started to feel normal agian like a month or two ago. its now March 2013 and i still cant drink like i used to. im largely better and i think almost healed except visual symptoms

im slowly starting to get back drinking though last weekend was the first time i went to a bar and got buzzed and stopped before i got drunk and its now almost Thursday and i feel fine. before that i have probably only drank 2 beers 3-4 times since March 2012....i used to drink 3 times a week till i was drunk so its def been a change

i think you need to wait at least 1 year after getting a concussion to drink. i didnt drink and it helped a lot. now im slowly getting my tolerance back because now every weekend im gonna drink beers until im buzzed and stop. hopefully by summer i have enough tolerance and im even more healed from the concussion that i can drink with no worries, wake up hungover and not worry about PCS coming back
claritan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote