View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 07:47 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

I have had instantaneous visual seizures, maybe 5 or 6 in a lifetime. I have not had sustained visual seizures. The information available suggest that repeating visual images, flashing lights, etc can be a trigger.

Sometimes, the refresh rate of a computer display can be a problem. Some video chips have software that allows for changes to the refresh rate. btw, the refresh rate is how fast the screen updates with new or the same information. Many video processors will have 60 Hz and 75 Hz settings. Gamers like fast refresh rates. 60 Hz is similar to the flicker of a light bulb. Hz means times per second. 60 Hz means the screen refreshes 60 times a second.

You can usually access this video software from a blank screen desktop. It will not be blank of you have desktop wallpaper set. Right click and select properties or the selection for your video chip. Mine says AMD Catalyst. Others might say NVidia, Intel HD, etc. Look for a field that says refresh and see if it have an option. Try the option and see if it helps. It may take a few days of trying the optional setting to see if there is a difference.

Hope this helps.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SmilinEyesMs305 (03-06-2013)